Northgard’s early access version releases on February the 22nd!
The version that will be released into early access is what is considered to be the core of the game. You’ll have the free play mode against the AI, with several victory conditions, the impact of winter, three different clans and all the Norse mythological creatures you can possibly want to fight or befriend.
Once the core game is out there will still be more to come. The features that will be added to the game over the next few months include, but aren’t limited to:
- Multiplayer mode.
- A story based campaign mode.
- Two new clans and the buildings and features that come with them.
- Changes to the diplomacy system.
- More victory conditions.
- More neutral factions (creatures you can convince to join your cause).
- Tweaks and upgrades to the combat system (if you think we need them).
- Extra language support (much later in the EA).
- Extra platform support (Mac/Linux) again, closer to leaving EA.
This is what should be the minimum of features that will be added to the game. Solid progress has already been made on a lot of these, but feedback on the core game will be important before more energy is thrown at features that all rely on having a solid experience right from the start.
Of course all of this will be spaced out over the next few months, we’d like to see a full release by mid year, but you know how it is with early access, feedback will be received and will heavily influence the development time.
Check out Northgard’s early access on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/466560/